The fallout is a great exercise for your core because you’re getting both good eccentric loading (as you stretch out) and concentric loading (as you contract in) on your abdominal muscles. This is great for strengthening your core.
- Adjust the straps so the handles are at an appropriate height, below waist level.
- Begin standing and grasping the handles. Lean into the straps, moving to an incline push-up position. This will be your starting position.
- Keeping your arms straight, lean further into the suspension straps, bringing your body closer to the ground, allowing your shoulders to extend, raising your arms up and reaching over your head.
- Maintain a neutral spine and keep the rest of your body straight, your shoulders being the only joints allowed to move.
- Pause during the peak contraction, and then return to the starting position.
You can also perform them in a Tall Kneeling position on both knees (as shown below).