Avocado Oil Mayonnaise
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup light olive oil
- 1/2 cup avocado oil*
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp mustard (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Remove egg from refrigerator about 30 minutes prior to making mayonnaise.
- Crack the egg into a wide mouth mason jar or another cylinder like container (I used the container that came with my immersion blender). Then add the remaining ingredients.
- Place immersion blender all the way into the bottom of the jar. Turn on, and blend for about 20 seconds. Without stopping the blender, slowly begin to lift blender up from the bottom of jar, circling slowly as you do to ensure all of oil gets blended.
- That's it! You'll have creamy, spreadable mayo that is full of good stuff, and free from questionable ingredients. Place lid onto mason jar, or transfer to another container. Store refrigerated for up to a week.
*You can replace avocado oil with an additional 1/2 cup of light olive oil The immersion blender in this recipe is critical for producing a thick, spreadable mayo. Play around with the flavors, adding in some roasted garlic or your favorite herbs.