Cajun Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large white or cremini mushrooms, sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- ½ green bell pepper, diced
- ¼ white onion, diced
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning*
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Use a meat tenderizer to pound out the chicken breasts until about ¼-inch thick.
- Heat olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Saute mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions for 5 minutes, until par-cooked.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan.
- Place a pinch of cheese in the center of each chicken breast. Place a large spoonful of mushroom and bell pepper mixture on top. Finish off with another pinch of cheese.
- Carefully roll up the chicken so stuffing is completely inside. Secure the chicken with toothpicks. Place in the prepared pan. Season generously with cajun seasoning. Place a tablespoon of butter on top of each chicken breast.
- Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is cooked through, to an internal temperature of 165 degrees, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove toothpicks before serving. You can serve the chicken whole, or slice in half, or in 1-inch slices.