Crockpot Recipe: Chicken Philly Cheesesteak
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion; sliced
- 3 bell peppers (the more colorful the better), cut into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 6 slices of provolone cheese
- Mix corn starch into chicken broth.
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT for cheese in crockpot.
- Cook on “low” setting for 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked through and peppers are soft.
- Lay cheese over mixture.
- Cook on “low” for additional 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve on a fresh, hot roll or in a Low-Carb Wrap (Sweet Potatoes Fries optional).
Yields: 6 Servings